HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 

Banter for 25th Sept

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
dave ash
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Banter for 25th Sept   Sun 25 Sep 2016, 8:48 am

Banter ...
Back to top Go down
stevepercy

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 25th Sept   Thu 29 Sep 2016, 8:49 am

No longer play in the league but follow the site occasionally still.
In past seasons this thread used to be popular, now there are almost no posts. In my mind, the "banter" cannot really happen anymore as anything that goes beyond a normal match report is removed or edited (I am not criticizing this, just stating).

Would it be worth changing this to a general "Match Report" thread, it may improve the contributions?
Back to top Go down
Web_Manager

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 25th Sept   Fri 30 Sep 2016, 12:01 pm

stevepercy wrote:
No longer play in the league but follow the site occasionally still.
In past seasons this thread used to be popular, now there are almost no posts. In my mind, the "banter" cannot really happen anymore as anything that goes beyond a normal match report is removed or edited (I am not criticizing this, just stating).

Would it be worth changing this to a general "Match Report" thread, it may improve the contributions?

The league is aware that the forum and its use is nowhere near as popular as it once was. The reasons are varying and many.

I think now its generally accepted that the forum is used as a communication tool, as in a way for the league to ensure messages and announcements can be seen by the members of the league. Hence it still has a role to play and is important for this reason.

With the advancement in other social media forms, notable Facebook and Twitter, most of the banter occurs through these mediums.

Like I said, there are other reasons to consider but it has been a slow and sad decline for a once thriving tool.

I say bring back Whistle Blower & HellBoy if anybody knows where they have retired off to, bring them back!

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Banter for 25th Sept   

Back to top Go down

Banter for 25th Sept
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1