HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 
 

 Fixtures - ??????????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MAV




PostSubject: Fixtures - ??????????????   Mon 15 Feb 2016, 9:55 pm

Can some one please let us know what is happening with the Fixtures.

Every League has 3 - 4 weeks fixtures in advance, for some reason the Alliance League this season has been doing fixtures week in week out and we are falling behind.

I can respect the bad weather we have had over the past few months but come on, we as clubs need to plan in advance as well to see what games, pitches, and  players are available etc etc.

I can understand the League officials also have work commitments but come on as a established league we need to plan in advance, get back to the old ways and give us fixtures in advance.

Sorry to be a Pain...
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Mon 15 Feb 2016, 11:00 pm

Other leagues have far fewer teams and divisions so i am sure 3-4 weeks in advance may not be the biggest challenge going. At this time of year it is simply impossible to plan multiple fixtures because of so many postponements. Even though more football was played, there were still 10 games or so off. And there are still county cup games to be played, as well as our own Billy Walton cup. Some teams got through to round 4 yesterday, others round 2 and some round 3. The easiest option is to tell players to assume they are playing each sunday unless they hear otherwise. Once the clocks change next month, I'm sure there will be a fair chance each club will know their fixtures to take them to the end of the season
Back to top Go down
SayItAsItIs




PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:11 am

Polska legend II wrote:
Other leagues have far fewer teams and divisions so i am sure 3-4 weeks in advance may not be the biggest challenge going.

That excuse can longer work in this day and age when there is software available to manage 100's even 1000's of fixtures with pitch share issues inherited via the database settings.

Polska legend II wrote:
At this time of year it is simply impossible to plan multiple fixtures because of so many postponements. Even though more football was played, there were still 10 games or so off. And there are still county cup games to be played, as well as our own Billy Walton cup. Some teams got through to round 4 yesterday, others round 2 and some round 3. The easiest option is to tell players to assume they are playing each sunday unless they hear otherwise. Once the clocks change next month, I'm sure there will be a fair chance each club will know their fixtures to take them to the end of the season

All fixtures issued in advance with the caveat of "subject to change" then you only have to alter the affected games not ALL the games.

Come on guys, it is not hard and each week you peddle out the same old excuses.

If you need help, why not ask for professional input???

Just saying
Back to top Go down
JamesG11




PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:40 am

SayItAsItIs wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Other leagues have far fewer teams and divisions so i am sure 3-4 weeks in advance may not be the biggest challenge going.

That excuse can longer work in this day and age when there is software available to manage 100's even 1000's of fixtures with pitch share issues inherited via the database settings.

Polska legend II wrote:
At this time of year it is simply impossible to plan multiple fixtures because of so many postponements. Even though more football was played, there were still 10 games or so off. And there are still county cup games to be played, as well as our own Billy Walton cup. Some teams got through to round 4 yesterday, others round 2 and some round 3. The easiest option is to tell players to assume they are playing each sunday unless they hear otherwise. Once the clocks change next month, I'm sure there will be a fair chance each club will know their fixtures to take them to the end of the season

All fixtures issued in advance with the caveat of "subject to change" then you only have to alter the affected games not ALL the games.

Come on guys, it is not hard and each week you peddle out the same old excuses.

If you need help, why not ask for professional input???

Just saying

lol!

You touting for business?!

Sounds easy but is it really that easy?
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster



PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:10 pm

Again I've heard fixtures on Facebook ! Am I being stupid , why can't they be put on here ?
Back to top Go down
Desford_Athletic




PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:18 pm


Sunday 21st February 2016
Billy Walton Cup – Round 2 (extra time and penalties, as necessary)
Aylestone Lounge v Glenfield United
Billy Walton Cup – Round 3 (extra time and penalties, as necessary)
North Kilworth Sunday v Countesthorpe Athletic OB
Arthur Moore Cup
Group A
White Eagles v Huncote Sunday
Group B
Sileby Athletic v South Wigston
Group C
Leicestershire Constabulary v Gaunt
EW Foster Cup – Round 3 (extra time and penalties, as necessary)
Blaby & Whetstone OB v Sporting Birstall
Pukka Pies v United East Midlands
Spinney Hill v Friar Lane
Stokes Cup – Round 3 (extra time and penalties, as necessary)
CFA Reserves v AFC Bardo 1992
FC Cherry Tree v Fairfield Athletic
Queniborough Park Rangers v FC Catalonia
Trinderbox v Broughton AstleyDynamo
Wigston Fields 2012 v Global Athletic
Premiership
GT v AC Wigston
Division 1
Magna Town 2012 v Niffy Rangers
Ramada Leicester Stage v Oadby Athletic
Division 2
FC Willow v Thurmaston Club
St Marks Old Boys v Athletic Blaby


Division 3
Horse v FC Pochin
Leicester Bharat Talbot v LDA Spartans
Swinford Chequers v Desford Athletic Page Plumbing
The Star Inn v FC Tumar
United Revolution v AFC Royal Oak

Division 4
Harchester United v CFA
Mossdale Rangers v Bulls Head Whetstone
Suecastle v Dukla
Division 5
Gaunt Reserves v Medz
Groby Town v Royalist
Lakeside United v Wigston Plough Rovers
Leicester Emeralds v Aberdale Galacticos
Division 6
Blaby United Sunday 2012 v Inter Mivan (GNG)
Dove Saab v Cossington Royal Oak
Division 7 Sponsored by Goalbusters UK LTD
Glen Park v Hi Chrome United
Leicestershire Constabulary Reserves v Blaby Foxes
Little Bowden v Ramada Leicester Stage Reserves
Niffy Rangers Reserves v Seedsbury United
Division 8
CSKA Carnabys Reserves v The Alliance
Lutterworth Club v FC Shortlands
Markfield Rangers Old Boys v FC City of Leicester
Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster



PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:27 pm

Well done again. I will be recommending you to the committee
Back to top Go down
Desford_Athletic




PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 12:42 pm

all it is, is a copy and paste from the email.
Back to top Go down
Guest
Guest



PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 7:11 pm

Shock horror, people on here banging on the same old drum.

How about this for a solution, since people seem to have time on their hands & football seems to be their life, plus everything is oh so simple to do, why don't any of you join the committee and do something about it yourself?? Then when perhaps you cant get something done, i'm sure there will be many others wanting to be the first to invite people on the forum to ask you the same question over and over again and criticize your failings in the public domain.

You play in a Sunday league for goodness sake, run by volunteers. If I was constantly being questioned I would have jacked it in a long time ago, your lucky it seems the current incumbents seem to be a lot more patient than me.


Back to top Go down
bretty1
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster



PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 8:37 pm

Don't read it then GUEST. We have a right to question anything we want thankyou. I know people on the committee and realise it's a thankless job. But as members of the league we can air our views. Most leagues do have fixtures way in front and change them when needed. Again I know it can't be easy with so many divisions . That is why I have said to everyone lets drop a few divisions .
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Tue 16 Feb 2016, 10:12 pm

SayItAsItIs wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
Other leagues have far fewer teams and divisions so i am sure 3-4 weeks in advance may not be the biggest challenge going.

That excuse can longer work in this day and age when there is software available to manage 100's even 1000's of fixtures with pitch share issues inherited via the database settings.

Polska legend II wrote:
At this time of year it is simply impossible to plan multiple fixtures because of so many postponements. Even though more football was played, there were still 10 games or so off. And there are still county cup games to be played, as well as our own Billy Walton cup. Some teams got through to round 4 yesterday, others round 2 and some round 3. The easiest option is to tell players to assume they are playing each sunday unless they hear otherwise. Once the clocks change next month, I'm sure there will be a fair chance each club will know their fixtures to take them to the end of the season

All fixtures issued in advance with the caveat of "subject to change" then you only have to alter the affected games not ALL the games.

Come on guys, it is not hard and each week you peddle out the same old excuses.

If you need help, why not ask for professional input???

Just saying


there are no excuses being peddled. the league is run by volunteers who do it for the love of the game and the league, and have to juggle full time work and family commitments. Professional input is a costly option and I'm sure there'd be a few guys out there only too willing to rip us off for a pound of flesh. I don't understand why people can't handle it. No one ever gets a fixture forced on them at 48 hours notice. You quote 'in this day and age' and in that regard, it is surely not a problem using social media to get a team together 5 or 6 days before a game - especially when most players sign on for a Sunday side with the sole intention of playing a game of football. Is the system perfect? No, but there are extenuating circumstances. But the point is made elsewhere - the league are always looking for committed individuals with something to offer that can benefit all clubs and we'd be only too willing to take on more help.
Back to top Go down
clarkeh




PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Wed 17 Feb 2016, 9:10 am

Hit the nail on the head, if you have players who are signed on for a Sunday side they should be expecting a game on the Sunday, all secretaries were made aware of the fixtures on the Tuesday that's 5 days before, plenty of time to alert your players or try to arrange a friendly if you don't have a fixture.
Other leagues may run their fixtures better but with 8 team divisions with only 3-4 divisions, it isn't exactly hard for them to do that. If you want your fixtures like that go play in that league.
The committee are constantly questioned as to whether they are good enough, which is bizarre as they are volunteers and do it for no financial gain whatsoever, without them you wouldn't have a fixture at all, let alone being made aware 5 days before
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster
avatar


PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   Thu 18 Feb 2016, 2:53 am

clarkeh wrote:
Hit the nail on the head, if you have players who are signed on for a Sunday side they should be expecting a game on the Sunday, all secretaries were made aware of the fixtures on the Tuesday that's 5 days before, plenty of time to alert your players or try to arrange a friendly if you don't have a fixture.
Other leagues may run their fixtures better but with 8 team divisions with only 3-4 divisions, it isn't exactly hard for them to do that. If you want your fixtures like that go play in that league.
The committee are constantly questioned as to whether they are good enough, which is bizarre as they are volunteers and do it for no financial gain whatsoever, without them you wouldn't have a fixture at all, let alone being made aware 5 days before
Well said

_________________
The Alliance Football League.....
.........leading the way in Sunday football


The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Fixtures - ??????????????   

Back to top Go down
 
Fixtures - ??????????????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» REVISED FIXTURES - SUNDAY 19 DECEMBER 2010
» Dutch F1 fixtures 2011?
» Kildare GAA Weekly Fixtures
» Provisional 2011 F1 fixtures
» 2009/10 Fixtures are out!

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Banter :: Banter - Alliance Football-
Jump to: