HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 

Your thoughts so far?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Coley21

PostSubject: Your thoughts so far?    Fri 11 Dec 2015, 12:57 am

So whats your views on your league so far? Any shocks? Teams doing better than you thought?
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts so far?    Fri 11 Dec 2015, 9:13 am

Our league has shocked us in the fact we were expecting a much harder challenge which doesn't seem to have been the case. Last season our division 5 was very competitive but this season moving to division 4 we currently only have one real challenger for the title so far.. Early in the season though still!
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts so far?    Sat 12 Dec 2015, 10:03 pm

clarkeh wrote:
Our league has shocked us in the fact we were expecting a much harder challenge which doesn't seem to have been the case. Last season our division 5 was very competitive but this season moving to division 4 we currently only have one real challenger for the title so far.. Early in the season though still!
Interesting response. The more teams and Divisions, the less the difference in standard between them. Concerns about 'overpromotion' often prove to be unfounded in practice.
Other experiences would be interesting but bear in mind players moving clubs between seasons makes things unpredictable.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
clarkeh

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts so far?    Mon 14 Dec 2015, 9:24 am

Aussie Owl wrote:
clarkeh wrote:
Interesting response. The more teams and Divisions, the less the difference in standard between them. Concerns about 'overpromotion' often prove to be unfounded in practice.
Other experiences would be interesting but bear in mind players moving clubs between seasons makes things unpredictable.

I think it may be the fact we pretty much have the exact same team, with a couple of new faces so we have all gelled, together now, considering we only finished 4th in Division 5 and now top of Divison 4 winning every cup and league game, is where my opinion of division 5 last season being more competitive
Back to top Go down
LakesideUtd

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts so far?    Mon 14 Dec 2015, 4:47 pm

On the first constitution we were placed in Division 7, which we then went up to Division 5 on the final constitution which I'm glad we did, so I'd like to say a thank you to the committee members for making that decision to boost us, it proved right even though we're a brand new team, with players that had never played together and a management team that had never managed before.

I think its fair to say, Division 5 is one of the tougher divisions in the league in terms of competitiveness. There are a number of teams that could all win the league, and even though we're currently 8th (with 3 games in hand due to cup success so far along with two replays) I'd like to think we're in with a shout, but equally are two or three others.

We've played two teams that are in higher divisions than us in the cup, one being in Division 1, the other being in Division 3 and it went really well with wins out of both which reinforces what I have to say about Division 5, its tough! Perhaps those two teams had a bad day, perhaps we had a good day.. Who knows?

As a summary my thoughts so far is that we're absolutely loving this season, for our first season I think we're doing quiet well and we're enjoying it thoroughly which is credit to the opposition, officials and the committee members that work tirelessly at the Alliance Football League.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your thoughts so far?    Today at 8:59 pm

Back to top Go down

Your thoughts so far?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1