HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 

Leicester Mercury

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Leicester Mercury   Fri 31 Aug 2012, 11:58 am

The Mercury have advised that there will be no results service each Monday and that the reports for local Sunday soccer will be restricted to a single page which may be on a Thursday. It is unlikely that the League tables will be published, and team photos will only appear sporadically.

Try the Alliance Website for all the latest information.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
CSKA17
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Fri 31 Aug 2012, 6:30 pm

Poor really that. I know they have had staff cuts, but a local paper ought to cover local news and sport. God knows they have enough drivle in the front half that can barely be called news! Is there not even a chance if reports were supplied to them by the league?
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Fri 31 Aug 2012, 8:32 pm

CSKA17 wrote:
Is there not even a chance if reports were supplied to them by the league?

We supply the results, reports and pictures and so it is cheap copy for them.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Fri 31 Aug 2012, 10:41 pm

sure they Will find the staff to cover a cute baby competition tho ;-)
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:06 am

If you dont fit in to that society that they've created, they dont want to know you, if you veer away from the norm, ie a mortgage, married with 2.4 kids, a student, then society doesn't want to know you , and wont want to help you......now they've even got it in for pensioners, apparently they are living too long now, but this was alright when they were working, and their taxes were being used for medical research, so they've now got the drugs to keep us alive longer, but dont want to give them to people because they are too expensive, the same people that paid for the research of these drugs, are now being told they cant have them, what a shocking society its become, they will always find money for new playgrounds for kids, and single parents to go on, and they are the ones that get everything paid for because they've got a child, the whole system needs scrapping, i was always told, if i work i would reap the benefits, but a friend of mine who has never worked, because he has an always found other means, by way of the state, has just moved in to a brand new house, and has a private plate brand new astra, ive always worked, and still own a cr@p car, and cant afford to waste 1p of my money, however this guy goes out drinking and smoking, and does most things i cant afford to do, and he's just told me he's got a nice payment coming in that he can spend on new furniture, he's got 2 pedigree dogs that he brags cost £600 each, still if you work cash in hand and claim, you sure can have a nice lifestyle.

ps...you'd get my vote.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Sat 01 Sep 2012, 9:55 am

So he's working and cheating the system and getting benefits? No wonder he's got everything money can buy! Hellboy - think u should seriously consider joining Dennis on the plane to Oz.

As for the Mercury, think its very sad that its come to this. Still pine for The Sporting Blue!
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:31 pm

i think the alliance league should start there own sports paper every wednesday or thursday or even saturdays like the old sporting blue
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   Sat 01 Sep 2012, 12:47 pm

think we'd need some financial backing for that!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leicester Mercury   

Back to top Go down

Leicester Mercury
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1