HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 

Team of the Month for December / January

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Who is Team of the Month for December / January?
Sparta Moshdock
31%
 31% [ 9 ]
Star & Garter
10%
 10% [ 3 ]
Leicester Foxes OB
14%
 14% [ 4 ]
MDH Knights
17%
 17% [ 5 ]
Superfly
21%
 21% [ 6 ]
LDA Spartans
7%
 7% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 29

AuthorMessage
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:05 am

Widds wrote:
Sparta3 wrote:
I say we let Widds decide Wink

What power to wield!! haha

Some good comments above, and to be fair, MDH have done really well and have got themselves sorted, i would like them to win something this year as well, not sure who else is in the same cups as them....

Ok, match ball each to Sparta and MDH!!! Joint team of the month!

That'll do...

They can have the Stanno over the summer and we'll use it in the winter.
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 10:24 am

Aussie Owl wrote:
Who do think? A match ball to the winner

As the forum top dog, just for a laugh, how about letting me choose the winner? As you can see Dennis most teams nominate themselves, but i would give an unbiased view and choose the worthy winner, and it might be a bit of a surprise for all concerned, go on Dennis what do you say?

after all......
its only a ball...
so let me make the call.....
i dont have to trawl...
i wont make them bawl...
it wont be a haul...
the top ones may fall...
my choice may be small...
it is your call...
its only a ball.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 11:31 am

I hope the Committee reads this thread which proves how difficult some of these decisions are. Incidentally, Polska Legend II is right - there are no rules - entirely at their discretion.

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Jenko
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 11:40 am

For me Moshdock, adn if that match was in any other competition it would of been a draw as it was 2-2 after 90 mins
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:05 pm

Jenko wrote:
For me Moshdock, adn if that match was in any other competition it would of been a draw as it was 2-2 after 90 mins

Bookies would've paid out!
Back to top Go down
Katie G
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 12:15 pm

There may be no written rules, but most teams are of the understanding that team of the month is awarded to unbeaten teams. This is the first time I've noticed a team with a loss in the nominations. I like a lot of the Moshdock lads so nothing against them. Maybe it's time to write down what the committee are judging when it comes to team of the month?!
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Wed 01 Feb 2012, 8:55 pm

i still think a loss to Wigston Car Breakers in extra time and a win over Prem Sports all in one month in your first season in the prem is a phenomenal achievement. I wonder if some people may have quizzed the committee if Moshdock WEREN'T put in! I think our football is getting more and more competitive and I wouldn't be surprised if in future we see similar teams on the shortlist
Back to top Go down
Joey Barton
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Thu 02 Feb 2012, 8:11 am

Completely disagree on the comments of being a “class above”
We (Superfly) have the same team now that lost 2-1 Hoskins reserves who are in our league, if we were a class above surely we would have beat them.
We’ve always had a good footballing Squad, the problem we’ve always had is keeping the same player’s week in week out which we’ve finally got with the new committed players.
In the past I’ve always had 7-8 players playing their hearts out then 3-4 players letting others other down mainly with a negative attitude.
With the support from Jay and Daz that’s no longer a problem.

I really impressed that us and S&G have only conceded 4 goals in two months, that’s an achievement for any Sunday league football team.
If I’m completely honest I don’t really care if we win TOTM, I personally believe Foxes deserve it!

All I want is the lads to carry on the consistency and be title challengers!
Back to top Go down
http://www.pitchero.com/clubs/superflyfc/
THE MAGICIAN
Division 1 Poster
Division 1 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Fri 03 Feb 2012, 5:41 pm

No contest for me, MDH get my vote by a country mile, Well done MDH, not looking forward to our league fixture at all, lol.

Hopefully by then you will be in 2 cup finals and take it easy in our league game. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Sat 04 Feb 2012, 7:52 pm

And the winning team is...

Star & Garter cheers cheers

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Capello
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Sat 04 Feb 2012, 8:11 pm

Great decision. Star and garter won all the games they played in i take it so that must of been one if the deciding factors i assume
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Sun 05 Feb 2012, 3:43 pm

possibly. all down to the individual vote
Back to top Go down
Fishandchips
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   Tue 07 Feb 2012, 11:33 am

Thanks to Pete and Malc for the votes (and anyone else who voted for us Smile)

Congratulations to Star&Garter
Back to top Go down
http://www.clubwebsite.co.uk/mdhknights/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for December / January   

Back to top Go down

Team of the Month for December / January
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2