HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 

Offside/interferring with play

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Offside/interferring with play   Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:15 pm

During our game today against Magna Town, one of their lads stood right in front of me (in a clear offside position) when they had a direct free kick. I have seen this done in professional matches as well, but the way i understand offside is that you can only be offside if you are interferring with play? Surely standing right in front of the keeper about 3 or 4 inches in front is interferring with play because i have to lean to one side to see round the guy, which makes it more difficult to cover the alternate side?

I questioned with the lino and he stated he only becomes active if he touches the ball...its happened in one other match i have played in over the past 12 months....interested to know opinions and/or facts......
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Sun 18 Dec 2011, 5:28 pm

a goal could be ruled offside in that scenario even if the player doesn't touch it because if he is (deliberately) or not impeding the vision of the keeper then he could be deemed as involved in active play, that's my take on it
Back to top Go down
littlebigman

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:24 pm

Widds wrote:
During our game today against Magna Town, one of their lads stood right in front of me (in a clear offside position) when they had a direct free kick. I have seen this done in professional matches as well, but the way i understand offside is that you can only be offside if you are interferring with play? Surely standing right in front of the keeper about 3 or 4 inches in front is interferring with play because i have to lean to one side to see round the guy, which makes it more difficult to cover the alternate side?

I questioned with the lino and he stated he only becomes active if he touches the ball...its happened in one other match i have played in over the past 12 months....interested to know opinions and/or facts......
This scenario is offside that is a fact,in higher leagues the lino should raise his flag to indicate the player is in an offside position,the Ref is then the one who would then be able to decide if player is in line with goalkeepers vision,between them they would hopefully get it right,on a sunday you are usually relying on a club lino but the facts still remain the same in direct vision of keeper in an offside position is offside, i know this because in December i had the pleasure of listening to Neale Barry head of Refereeing at the FA explaining this in great detail very interesting Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 12:31 pm

Widds wrote:

Here's a link to the Laws of the game - interesting reading, it might help you understand the laws, plus, as an added bonus, it might help you stop getting fined for arguing over laws you don't understand.

http://www.thefa.com/thefa/rulesandregulations/lawsofthegame
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 4:22 pm

nice touch! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:36 pm

I've never been fined,sent off or even booked...but cheers for the refs take on it...

Some refs probably need that link as well...
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 6:47 pm

1-1 Laughing Laughing
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 7:30 pm

Afraid not Mark, my comment about some refs wasnt aimed at Whistleblower, very rarely my comments are aimed in that direction...
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Mon 19 Dec 2011, 8:26 pm

Heres a good link for some refs......

http://www.refyousuck.com/good-calls-bad-calls-press
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Tue 20 Dec 2011, 7:08 am

Widds wrote:
I've never been fined,sent off or even booked...but cheers for the refs take on it...

Here's a link you can pass on to your reserves;

http://www.thefa.com/RESPECT
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Tue 20 Dec 2011, 9:41 am

Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Tue 20 Dec 2011, 8:28 pm

Whistle Blower wrote:
Widds wrote:

Here's a link you can pass on to your reserves;

http://www.thefa.com/RESPECT

Cheers for that, i won't see the ressies for a couple of weeks but thats awesome, thank you again. Like i said the other week, you do seem to look out for us, giving advice and help.

I feel guilty not returning the favour, so here is a website for you my little pumpkin pie - http://www.blurtit.com/q549630.html

I am sure you will now put a link up for weight loss or respect, so in advance, i will thank you for helping. You truly are a gem.....xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx I love you I love you I love you
Back to top Go down
Whistle Blower

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Wed 21 Dec 2011, 7:25 am

Ha, ha, that's quite funny actually, I see you're in true panto spirit there Biggins.

I don't think I need to post about weight loss as it looks like it's already on your mind - most of the time, so no need to remind you about your weighty problem.

I would do something about your camp sayings though, surely that's a bit of a worry, if not, then probably that's a bit of a worry too...still, each to their own I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Widds
Top Dog
Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   Wed 21 Dec 2011, 7:45 am

oddly mate, none of the above is a concern sweetcheeks Xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Offside/interferring with play   

Back to top Go down

Offside/interferring with play
View previous topic View next topic Back to top