HomeHome  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  Alliance League WebsiteAlliance League Website  

Share | 

Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010

View previous topic View next topic Go down 

Team of the Month for September 2010
Sparta Moshdock
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Beaumont United 2010
46%
 46% [ 11 ]
FC Hoskins
8%
 8% [ 2 ]
Sparta Parva
21%
 21% [ 5 ]
Superfly
4%
 4% [ 1 ]
Saffron Lounge Bar, Sunday
13%
 13% [ 3 ]
Total Votes : 24

AuthorMessage
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Sun 26 Sep 2010, 7:12 pm

Who do you think should receive the Team of the Month Award for September?

Here are the details:-

Sparta Moshdock P5 W4 D1 23-6
Niffy Rangers Away 4-1
Glen Parva Home 3-0
White Lion Home 7-2
Leicester Academicals Away 7-1
Niffy Rangers Home 2-2 Moore Cup

Beaumont United 2010
P6 W6 42-14
Sporting Wigston Home 6-3
Humberstone Rangers Away 5-2
AFC Royal Oak Away 9-3
Oadby Athletic Home 6-4
Inter Mivan Away 11-0 Walton Cup

FC Hoskins P6 W6 32-9
Leicester Foxes OB Home 3-2
Sporting Wigston Away 7-2
Kauto Stars Home 11-2
TrinderBox Home 4-2
Star & Garter Away 4-1
FC Komrska Home 3-0 Walton Cup

Sparta Parva P5 W5 24-8
Magna Town 2008 Home 4-3
AFC Bees Knees Home 6-3
The Good Old Days Away 5-0
New Road Inn Home 3-1
Harrow Home 6-1 Walton Cup

Superfly P5 W3 D2 16-7
Phoenix United Home 4-1
Inter Mivan Away 6-2
Bakers Arms Blaby Home 4-2
AFC Bees Knees Away 1-1. 4-3 pens Stokes Cup

Saffron Lounge Bar Sunday P6 W6 20-11
Birstall Rangers Away 4-3
FC Komrska Home 3-2
The Wheel Away 4-1
Queniborough Park Rangers Away 3-1
Harrow Home 2-1
AFC Royal Oak Home 4-3 aet Walton Cup

This is just to gain your opinion - the Alliance Committee will make the final decision. A match ball will be presented to the winner. Some games are excluded because they are subject to review. A minimum of 4 games has been used for the sake of this poll

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Tomassi
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:17 am

I can't fault the Sparta Parva first teams results so far, impressive wins against Magna Town and New Road Inn, quite a turn-around from pre-season and last season! Good mix of strong teams and new teams in the mix for this month!
Back to top Go down
http://www.freewebs.com/spartaparvafc
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:21 am

Sparta Parva have done re-markably well but will go with Beaumont as no one predicted them to be where they are

I think one of the two mentioned definitely deserve it though
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:33 am

Give it to Hoskins, they sure look desperate for it.
Back to top Go down
Sparky

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 27 Sep 2010, 9:58 pm

Beaumont for me, massive turnaround from nearly folding last season
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 27 Sep 2010, 10:55 pm

Hellboy wrote:

Absolute genius....well done!!
Back to top Go down
man in black
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 27 Sep 2010, 11:58 pm

beaumont utd and hoskins in the frame for me.....and using goals scored and conceded would go for hoskins
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 28 Sep 2010, 11:37 am

Wrong division mate, do your homework properly, 1 out of 10 from me.
Back to top Go down
Pete Waterman

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 28 Sep 2010, 12:20 pm

Beaumont for me. Honest team that have gone about things the right way. Wink
Back to top Go down
Minty
Non-League Poster
Non-League Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 28 Sep 2010, 12:39 pm

Beaumont I reckon as well. Good group of lads who are left there and will do well this season.
Back to top Go down
Sparta3
Division 2 Poster
Division 2 Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 28 Sep 2010, 2:46 pm

Get the Hoskins out of the way. That way we don't have to consider them every month.
Back to top Go down
Aussie Owl
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 3:51 pm

.... AND THE WINNERS ARE THE OUTSIDERS

SAFFRON LOUNGE BAR cheers

The Biggest and the Best
Back to top Go down
Hellboy
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Fri 01 Oct 2010, 7:48 pm

Well done chaps.

I'm so glad Sparta Parva didn't win it, cuz their manager seems to think they can win everything, i like to come on here and be totally honest, i find that is always the best policy.
Back to top Go down
Paulo
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 04 Oct 2010, 8:50 am

Well done to the Saffron Lads, not bad way to start a new teams season
Back to top Go down
http://www.unitedrevolutionfc.webs.com
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 04 Oct 2010, 8:38 pm

Hellboy wrote:

sorry to dent your words but think youll find fc hoskins have enough match balls
Back to top Go down
mowmacre fc
Super Premier Poster
Super Premier Poster

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Mon 04 Oct 2010, 8:40 pm

congrats saffron lads would off gave it beaumont my selfs everyne on forum has been bragging about so many teams in div 3 and these deserve some credit.
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 05 Oct 2010, 4:00 pm

If Advance Couriers can go all last season not losing a league game in the PREM, and not get a team of the month award, why should Anstey Swifts win one in division 3 at all this year?
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 05 Oct 2010, 5:34 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
If Advance Couriers can go all last season not losing a league game in the PREM, and not get a team of the month award, why should Anstey Swifts win one in division 3 at all this year?

I think in both cases most folk will assume that with the firepower and quality of squad both those sides have, winning every week is pretty much expected therefore they generally won't tend to attract that many votes
Back to top Go down
BigTimeCharlie

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Tue 05 Oct 2010, 10:13 pm

Polska legend II wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:

I think in both cases most folk will assume that with the firepower and quality of squad both those sides have, winning every week is pretty much expected therefore they generally won't tend to attract that many votes

But if the league took into consideration the level at which said team is playing at, for example, a team winning every game in the premiership is looked at more favourably than a division 5 side winning every game, more teams would want to play in the premiership. Another way of looking at it is if a team like Magna 73 were to beat say Advance Couriers (obviously a massive scalp), Wigston United & GT all in one month, but lose to Scraptoft Garage (no shame) in the same month, they wouldn't win the team of the month because A lower league team will no doubt be unbeaten over that month. This would be a fairly easy way to reward teams playing in the Premiership. Remember we have a shortage of teams at the top, not the bottom.
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Wed 06 Oct 2010, 7:23 pm

Congrats to the winners.
Back to top Go down
Polska legend II
Supreme Top Dog
Supreme Top Dog

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   Thu 07 Oct 2010, 7:25 pm

BigTimeCharlie wrote:
Polska legend II wrote:
BigTimeCharlie wrote:

But if the league took into consideration the level at which said team is playing at, for example, a team winning every game in the premiership is looked at more favourably than a division 5 side winning every game, more teams would want to play in the premiership. Another way of looking at it is if a team like Magna 73 were to beat say Advance Couriers (obviously a massive scalp), Wigston United & GT all in one month, but lose to Scraptoft Garage (no shame) in the same month, they wouldn't win the team of the month because A lower league team will no doubt be unbeaten over that month. This would be a fairly easy way to reward teams playing in the Premiership. Remember we have a shortage of teams at the top, not the bottom.

Good point to be fair, but I don't think a TOTM award would draw any more willing teams to the Premier
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010   

Back to top Go down

Team of the Month for August/ September, 2010
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1